Our mission is to understand, and help others understand, how the design and effective use of digital technologies can help make the world a better place.
Our first goal is to develop new knowledge about digital technologies, the way they represent our world, the information they require and produce, and how they can be designed and effectively used, to help make the world a better place. Our second goal is to find effective and relevant ways to transfer this knowledge into society.We achieve these goals by maintaining a clear focus on generating and disseminating novel, outcome-focused, solution-oriented and societally relevant knowledge about …
- the design and use of digital technologies and the information they process, and
- how they impact on organizations and change the way we live and work.
We strive to become the globally recognized brand for innovative and effective Information Systems research and knowledge transfer that continuously exceeds the expectations of peers, audiences, and ourselves.
- integrity and honesty
- openness and inclusiveness
- ethical and rigorous conduct
- approachability and cultivation
- independence and objectivity
Our Understanding of Success
- are proud owners of the outcomes we deliver and transfer
- produce research outcomes at the highest levels of reputation and impact
- enjoy the satisfaction of learning and improving ourselves
- receive engaging, encouraging feedback from our peers
- make a substantial, lasting contribution to ongoing conversations by peers, students, and society