In order to lessen their impact on the natural environment, organizations must thus design and implement environmentally sustainable processes. This project intents to immerse deeper into the role of business processes, and specifically the contribution that the business process management can play in leveraging the transformative power of information systems for creating environmentally sustainable organizations. Our key premise is that business and information technology managers need to engage in a process-focused discussion to enable a common, comprehensive understanding of organizational processes, and the process-centered opportunities for making these processes, and ultimately the organization as a process-centric entity, “green”.
- vom Brocke, J., Seidel, S., Recker, J. (2012) [edited]: Green Business Process Management: Towards the Sustainable Enterprise. Springer, Heidelberg, Germany
(click here to order from Springer).
- Zhu, X., Zhu, G., van den Broucke, S., Recker, J. (2014): On Merging Business Process Management and Geographic Information Systems: Modeling and Execution of Ecological Concerns in Processes. In: Proceedings of the 2nd Annual International Conference on Geo-Informatics in Resource Management & Sustainable Ecosystem. Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan.
- Seidel, S., Recker, J., Pimmer, C., vom Brocke, J. (2014): IT-enabled Sustainability Transformation – the Case of SAP [Teaching Case]. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 1-17.
- Seidel, S., Recker, J., vom Brocke, J. (2013): Sensemaking and Sustainable Practicing: Functional Affordances of Information Systems in Green Transformations. Management Information Systems Quarterly, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 1275-1299.
- Seidel, S., Recker, J. (2012): Implementing Green Business Processes: The Importance of Functional Affordances of Information Systems. In J. Lamp (ed.): Proceedings of the 23rd Australasian Conference for Information Systems. Deakin University, Geelong, Australia.
- Recker, J., Rosemann, M., Hjalmarsson, A., Lind, M. (2012): Modeling and Analyzing the Carbon Footprint of Business Processes. In J. vom Brocke, S. Seidel, J. Recker (eds.): Green Business Process Management – Towards the Sustainable Enterprise. Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, pp. 93-110.
- Loos, P., Nebel, W., Gomez, J. M., Hasan, H., Watson, R.T., vom Brocke, J., Seidel, S., Recker, J. (2011): Green IT: A Matter of Business and Information Systems Engineering? Business and Information Systems Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 245-252.
- Recker, J. (2011): Green, Greener, BPM? BPTrends, Vol. 8, Iss. 7, pp. 1-8.