We regularly speak at industry forums, seminars and conferences. We have a number of engaging talks available and we are happy to discuss other topics that build on our research expertise. Simply get in touch.
Executive Leadership in the Digital Age
A new wave of Digital Innovation is fundamentally changing the way value is created and captured. Previous waves have basically automated the cow paths of organizational processes but the new wave of digital innovation radically revamps what organizational assets are and how digital resources should be managed. Leaders in the digital age must learn how to manage innovation systems together with their enterprise systems, they need to learn how to manage physical and digital distractions, and adapt their processes to mitigate the disruptive threat of digital threats.
Systemic Ideation: A Playbook for Creating Innovative Ideas More Consciously
Not all ideas require a creative genius, a Eureka moment or a lengthy brainstorming session. The corporate demands for scalable innovation could simply not rely on it. In order to overcome this challenge, we present an innovation playbook with four different strategies that provide a structured method for the conscious and reliable development of innovative ideas.
The Evidence-based Organization: A Platform for Innovation
Innovation is not only about creative ideas but also about making difficult decisions under uncertainty. Evidence-centered principles from science such as data analytics, fact finding, reliable evidence and novel concepts can help organizations in their innovation journeys. I will share experiences from how organizations can build research-as-a-service models to develop better innovation and decision-making capabilities.
Selected Keynotes and Industry Talks
- Leonardo Da Vinci, Thomas Edison, Steve Jobs, Fitbit and Alexa? Why Digital Products Are the New Breed of Genius Inventors. Public Lecture at the University of Cologne, 1 October 2019.
- Information Technology and Sustainability: Is Digitalization the Answer to Environmental Problems? Keynote at the 14th Deutsch-Polnisches Wirtschaftsforum 2018. Cologne, Germany, May 2018.
- The Future of Retail: Sustainability in the Age of the Digital Customer. Keynote at the Woolworths Sustainability & Quality Conference. Sydney, Australia, March 2016.
- The Future of Convenience Retail: Becoming Resilient in the Age of the Digital Customer. Keynote at the BWS Morphosis Conference. Sydney, Australia, April 2015.
- Why Collaboration is needed: Opportunities, Lessons and Future Trends. Keynote at “Collaborate To Innovate”. Brisbane, September 2014, Cairns & Townsville, November 2014.
- Get Innovative! Some Insights from Australian Organizations Trying to Leverage IT for Innovation. Invited Session Talk at the “IEEE Australia & New Zealand Student & Young Professional Congress”. Brisbane, August 2014.
- Collaborating for Innovation Success through Research-as-a-Service. Invited Session Talk at the “Hargraves 2014 Conference”. Melbourne, March 2014.
- The Evidence-based Organization: A Platform for Innovation. Keynote at the “Business Innovation and Improvement in Government” Network Conference. Brisbane, September 2013.
- Innovation through Connectedness. Keynote at the SiTF ICT Business Forum. Singapore, March 2013.